News & Updates
May 13, 2018
One of VanGo Junk Removals first job
As we drove to the dump today we recalled our very first junk removal job. Just the two of us, we were trying to make a name for ourselves in the junk removal business. I remember we were cleaning out an estate to get ready to be put on the market. Lifting the heavy dressers, couches, tv’s, etc. This was a hard day but we powered through and wound up completing the job in less time than we thought. The best part was the customers reaction. The home owners were so relieved on the house clean out they recommended us immediately to a friend to remove furniture that was old and need to be hauled away. We knew right there we had something.
On the drive home you reflect on this job. It is a hard job. You have to be strong, a problem solver, a communicator, and, sometimes, a friend. It is physically and mentally tough – but so rewarding. You really feel like you are making a difference in one of the most stressful life events in which people undergo.
As we continue to grow as a junk removal business on Long Island we do our best to stay true to our original roots which consist of working hard and accommodating the customer. As long as we keep that mentality we will continue to strive and be successful.
Call today for your free estimate 516-442-8811.
May 13, 2018
Long Island is the second most expensive places to live
When it comes to living on Long island we all know it isn’t the cheapest place to live. It seems as if everywhere we go we are burning through cash. It turns out that Long Island is the second most expensive place to live in the United States. It cost a family of four $103,000 a year just to get by. The list below is the top 10 most expensive places to live.
- Washington, D.C.
- Long Island
- Westchester County, N.Y.
- New York City
- Stamford-Norwalk, Conn.
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, N.Y.
- Ithaca, N.Y.
- San Francisco, Calif.
- Danbury, Conn.
VanGo Junk Removal understands that it cost a lot to live on Long Island, which is why we do everything we can to bring the best price and value to our customers. Call today at 516-442-8811 for your free estimate.
May 13, 2018
In a consumer driven world where products are used less and less frequently, and planned obsolescence is built into many of the things we buy, it is extremely important to have a strong recycling habit when spring cleaning comes around and you call the junk removal guys to haul it all away. Here are a few of the top reasons why:
- Preserves Landfill Space – No one wants to live next door to a landfill.
- Protects Wildlife – Using recycled materials reduces the need to damage forests, wetlands, rivers and other places essential to wildlife.
- Recycling is good for the economy – Recycling and purchasing recycled products creates a greater demand for more recycled goods. Goods made from recycled materials use less water, creates less pollution and uses less energy.
- Recycling helps our climate problems – Recycling produces considerably less carbon, which reduces the amount of unhealthy greenhouse gas omissions.
- Recycling saves energy – Recycling saves energy because the manufacturer doesn’t have to produce something new from raw natural resources. By using recycled materials we save on energy consumption, which keeps production costs down.
VanGo Junk Removal recycles all goods hauled away every second we get. When using us you can trust that we will do our best to donate or recycle the goods. We service all of Long Island. “We get out hands dirty so you can keep your clean”.