News & Updates
May 13, 2018
Whenever we ask people to write a review we cant stress enough how much of an impact it can make on our business at VanGo Junk Removal. When it comes to this day and age reviews can make or break a business. Here are a couple reasons why reviews for your business online are so important.
- 99% of people first look for businesses to use online.
- Online Reviews are the NEW word of mouth.
- 88% of people TRUST online reviews
- They will give the customer a clear view on what they are getting
- Reviews Create brand loyalty
We live in the year 2017 where everything is done online. Today words cant explain why it is so important to leave a customer happy. Regardless if your right or wrong. A customer these days now have the power the write a bad review and destroy your reputation. One thing we pride ourselves on at VanGo Junk Removal is our amazing reviews online. The amount of jobs we have received directly from our amazing reviews is countless.
May 13, 2018
Organizing Your Book Shelf
When it comes to overall organizing a room so you can not be that friend that has a gross cluttered room, organizing your book shelf can be a great way to start. When it comes time to organize a book shelf the harsh reality of it is that you are going to need to throw out a bunch of books that you cant seem to let go. A tip for throwing out some items is to really think about the last time you have used it. If you have not used the book in the past year it needs to go! lets face it most likely 90 percent of the books you have not used in over a year but we can let some stay to fill the space and make look good. Next step take all the books off give it a nice dusting and organize the books so the shelf looks nice and clean. Its a very easy process and can make all the difference to a room looking that much nice.
VanGo Junk Removal
May 13, 2018
Toxic Vs. Natural House Cleaning Products
Cleaning the house is some of our best and worst times. We try to get ride of the junk and bring in that clean smell. A clean house is the best feeling but what about the products we are using? I’ve heard tons of contradictions about toxins in our cleaning products. Some companies don’t have to disclose certain toxins so lets take a look…
This product is found in most liquid dishwashing detergents and hand soap. These products are labeled “antibacterial.” Risks include the promotion of growth of drug-resistant bacteria. Interesting… so hand soap encourages bacteria growth?
This product is used to polish fixtures, sinks and jewelry. Ammonia becomes inhaled and unfortunately the elderly, asthma patients or someone with lung issues are at a high risk when inhaling this gas.
This product is used in oven cleaners and to open drains. If this product makes contact with skin can cause severe burns. Inhaling this product can cause a sore throat for days.
This product is used as a fragrance in air freshers and dish soap. This ingredient is tricky to find because scents don’t have to be disclosed so it wont be on the label. Absorbed chemicals can go straight to the organs because it comes through the skin. A study showed that men with this chemical in their blood had a reduced sperm count.
This product is used in mildew removers, tap water, laundry whiners and scouring powders. This chemical goes through the skin and can cause respiratory irritants and can be a serious thyroid disrupter.
After reading all this you’re probably thinking why does anyone use these? Well, don’t worry! There are tons of natural product companies and even at home recipes. We wouldn’t be able to avoid every chemical toxic but decreasing it in our homes can be a significant step!
Here are a few great natural house cleaning products!
- Mrs. Meyers
- Simple Green
- Seventh Generation
Heres a few at home recipes that are safe and less expensive!
- Lavender cleaning spray-1 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar and 8 drops lavender oil
- Granite cleaner-2 cups water, 1/2 alcohol and 10 drops lemon oil
- Polish stainless steel-olive oil
VanGo Junk Removal is Long Islands premium Junk Removal service. We are here to get our hands dirty while keeping yours clean! Get a jump start on your spring time cleaning. Call today for your free estimate 516-442-8811.
May 13, 2018
People who are Hoarders
While over two million Americans watch the A&E TV show Hoarders and find it entertaining, I can tell you firsthand that when a family member is a hoarder, there is nothing entertaining about it. Fortunately there are professionals who are experts at cleaning and dealing with hoarders to help.
The reality of this job is that sometimes the junk can be over whelming. I recall entering a home where a mother and child lived. Their basement was piled high with junk over years of not throwing any garbage out. There were multiple layers. The top layer on first view you uncovered a lot of cardboard boxes and old house decorations. But as you continued to look there was desks dressers, old mattresses, and more.
Hoarding can lead to an accumulation of many different things that may or may not have a sensible meaning to the person or family keeping them. Hoarding often can start with a few small things that can be easily kept out of sight, or stashed in a closet or an attic. This may seem like a harmless practice but anything that is stored and is not used often becomes a haven for dust, dirt and grime or at worst, for mold and bacteria to grow or insects to infest.
If you live with someone who is a hoarder give the professionals at VanGo Junk Removal a call to come by and take care of the situation. Even though it can be a tough situation getting rid of useless junk its a necessary one. VanGo Junk Removal is Located on Long Island, NY. Call today for your free estimate. 516-442-8811
May 13, 2018
Where Does Metal Go After It Is Recycled?
When it comes to scrap metal it is the majority of material that actually get recycled. The reason for this is because metal can be recycled without loosing its physical properties. Steel and iron are separated from the other metals to be melted down for reuse. Usually into pipes and beams. All other metals are shredded into very small pieces and shipped out to mills for reuse.
When it comes to recycling metal you are not only helping the environment but also helping the industry of recycling which employees thousands of people. It is extremely important to recycle metal to keep as much out of landfills as possible. Metal is a non renewable material that can be depleted if not recycled properly.
VanGo Junk Removal Will Take It!
At VanGo Junk Removal located on Long Island, NY we make it our job to recycle as many materials as possible. When it comes to metal we have so much junk that is made of it. We take the time to separate the metal material from all your other junk to insure it doesn’t end up in a landfill. Take the time to declutter and call VanGo Junk Removal today! (516)442-8811
May 13, 2018
5 Easy Steps to Pack Away Sweaters and Bring Out the Spring
Spring is creeping up on us and its time to get out with the old and in with the new. Follow these steps to the perfect spring cleaning in your closet and become Junk Free!
1- Set The Mood!
- Nothing says spring like all the wonderful smells
- Before starting the clean out add a smell to your home to get you started and in the mood
- One of my favorites is vanilla, lemon and rosemary which I let simmer in my house and can be reused for 2 days
- Another great smell is for a more holiday scent but still great! For this you will need apples, pine cones, cinnamon sticks, orange, rosemary and water. Let that simmer over low heat and have the whole house smell of holidays!
2- Get Rid of It!
- While getting ready to clean out all those bulky sweaters, take a look at them first. Ask your self if you have worn it during the season because most likely if you haven’t worn it this year you wont wear it the next. The sweater will take up a lot of room in a box when you could be making room for new things!
3- Store It!
- Buying boxes doesn’t have to be expensive. If the boxes wont be seen you can buy moving boxes made of cardboard around $5. If they will be seen boxes can go from $10-15. Im my experience most of my sweaters fit into 4 boxes so I didn’t have to spend too much.
- Keep it fresh by throwing in 1-2 dryer sheets in the boxes before closing
- If moths have been a problem in the past, throw in some moth ball packets which range from $7-18.
4- Clean The Area!
- Wipe down all the dust in the area
- Fresh start is always a great feeling
5- Put It on The Shelves!
- The moment we have been waiting for! Now you can get excited to see all that spring and summer clothes that have been away for so long!
- Some things may need freshing-up so through it in the dryer for 15 minutes with some dryer sheets
Hope this helped! Happy cleaning friends!
VanGo Junk Removal is a Long Island based business. We specialize in all phases of Junk Removal such as Household Junk, Construction debris, Appliance Removal, Furniture Removal, Clean Outs, We will take almost anything! Call today for your FREE estimate 516-442-8811. Or visit our website at http://vangonewyork.com/
May 13, 2018
A small way to use less energy without going crazy. Using less energy doesn’t mean to spend a fortune on solar powering your house but these ways can still make a difference!
1. Decrease Water Usage
• While brushing your teeth, turn the water off until ready to rinse.
• Take showers that are a shorter by even a minute or two.
• Flush the toilet only when necessary (must use own judgment on this one)
• Wait until dishes or laundry is completely full before running a load
2. Decrease Energy Usage
• Buy energy efficient appliances, they may be more expensive at first but in the long run they will make up by decreasing energy bills,
• Unplug chargers when the appliance isn’t being used. They continue to use power even when not plugged in. Unplugging phone chargers, toasters and blenders are a good place to start!
• Every time you leave a room make sure to shut off the lights even for a few minutes
• Put devices with remotes (TVs, VCRs, and stereos) on a power strip and turn it off when you’re not using them. These devices will still use ‘standby’ mode, even when turned off.
• Walk or ride your bike instead of driving short distances
3. The 3 R’s
Add this to your daily routine!
• When going food shopping, bring your own cloth bag instead of using multiple plastic or paper bags
• Start a compost to decrease kitchen waste.
• Buy less ‘stuff’. Everyone loves stuff but we don’t really need it. Go through draws you haven’t touched in a while because more then likely you bought that pack of batteries before and forgot they were there.
• Toilet paper holders can be used to sow seeds for a vegetable patch.
• Old yogurt containers can be cut into long rectangles to make label plants.
• Use cool mason jars for drinks instead of plastic cups you only get to use once.
• Try regrowing some vegetables from kitchen scraps that can easily be regrown like avocado, basil, celery and pumpkins seeds!
4. Get the Kids Involved
- Make collecting empty bottles and plastic part of weekly chores to be placed in the recycling bin
- Place signs up in Children’s bathrooms to remind them to shut off water when brushing teeth
- Show them how to regrow vegetables to get them involved in the process
VanGo Junk Removal
VanGo Junk Removal is Long Islands premium Junk Removal service. We Service residential as well as commercial. We get rid of household junk, Construction debris, Appliance Removal, Furniture Removal, Clean Outs, Carpet Removal, We will take almost anything! We take great pride in the customer service we provide. We’re here to get our hands dirty while keeping your clean. Call us today at 516-442-8811 for your FREE estimate.
May 13, 2018
Tips On Staying Clean And Junk Free
1- Constantly keep things clean- The more that you throw out junk, dust, vacuum, and de clutter the less there is that will pile up over time. The biggest mistake that people make is letting the junk build to a level of no return. If you feel like you just don’t have the time to getting rid of your junk just call VanGo Junk Removal and they will be right there declutter your home.
2- Donate- You can donate almost anything. There is always going to be a family or person in need of items that you don’t find any use in anymore. One great item to donate is old clothing that has piled up.
3- Recycle- recycling is always a god route to take when it comes to unwanted garbage. One interesting fact about recycling junk is that it protects Wildlife Using recycled materials reduces the need to damage forests, wetlands, rivers and other places essential to wildlife. Also it reduces Water Pollution Making goods from recycled materials generates far less water pollution than manufacturing from virgin materials.
4- Start New- Sometimes the best way to start these new hobbits is just to start fresh. Starting fresh can be difficult for many due to an overwhelming amount of junk that has piled up over the years. Calling a Junk RemovalService like VanGo located on Long Island, NY might be a good idea. Going with VanGo Junk Removal on Long Island, Ny you can always expect nothing but professional servicing making sure the customer is satisfied with the job. Call today for your FREE estimate 516-442-8811.
May 13, 2018
4 Tips to cleaning out your garage
When it comes to a garage it seems as if they always find a way to get cluttered and filled with useless junk. Here are a couple key tips to keeping your garage junk free.
1. Set an exact time to start your project – When cleaning out a garage everyone is guilty, we all say the same thing “ill do it next weekend”. When you set an exact time on your schedule to get rid of all the junk you will make it a point to actually get it done.
2. Make sure you have the proper garbage bags or bins to get rid of it. If you decide that your about to start cleaning out your garage and don’t have the proper bags or pales your not going to be able to complete your job.
3. Clean Out the garage. It is time to start cleaning out the garage of all the junk that has piled up over the years. Try not to get too attached to items that your really not going to use but think you will. To make sure they go to good use donate and recycle.
4. Sweep and clean. Before you know it you will have a clean garage and be junk free. Take your broom and dust pan to sweep the floor to insure the garage is clean.
If your like most people on Long Island, NY you have no time to clean out your garage. That is where VanGo Junk Removal is helpful. Just give us a call at 516-442-8811 and we will be on our way to give you a free estimate as well as make your clean out stress free!
May 13, 2018
One of VanGo Junk Removals first job
As we drove to the dump today we recalled our very first junk removal job. Just the two of us, we were trying to make a name for ourselves in the junk removal business. I remember we were cleaning out an estate to get ready to be put on the market. Lifting the heavy dressers, couches, tv’s, etc. This was a hard day but we powered through and wound up completing the job in less time than we thought. The best part was the customers reaction. The home owners were so relieved on the house clean out they recommended us immediately to a friend to remove furniture that was old and need to be hauled away. We knew right there we had something.
On the drive home you reflect on this job. It is a hard job. You have to be strong, a problem solver, a communicator, and, sometimes, a friend. It is physically and mentally tough – but so rewarding. You really feel like you are making a difference in one of the most stressful life events in which people undergo.
As we continue to grow as a junk removal business on Long Island we do our best to stay true to our original roots which consist of working hard and accommodating the customer. As long as we keep that mentality we will continue to strive and be successful.
Call today for your free estimate 516-442-8811.